So apparently, I have a problem. A year ago I wasn't a 'blogger' and didn't have any urge to become one. Now I'm starting my 2nd blog, just as an outlet for the run-off stuff that won't fit on Government Names, the team rap blog I started back in May. I'm only responsible for a fraction of the content there, so I don't think my modesty is on the line when I say that we do good work over there, I'm really proud of it. But I actually do listen to things other than rap (which seems to be a common misperception, especially on ILM, because those are usually the only threads I'm interested in starting or posting to). So this space will probably be about a lot of indie rock and stupid pop culture stuff that every other lame blog is about.

This address was my first choice for this blog, but it's already being used by someone who only posted on it twice back in early 2002 about 'sentence structure and paragraph coherence'. I thought about e-mailing them and asking if they'd give it up, but the page is kind of amazing as it is just for the bizarre example paragraphs they use. I direct you to this excerpt:

The reader needs to understand that in the cockfighting arena more than just the cocks are fighting, but also the pride and emotions of the men are doing battle in the same arena. Balinese men see themselves through their cocks, the cocks playing the role of a real life metaphor. The metaphor is reflected in their language and their treatment of the animals. While most other animals are mistreated and resented by the Balinese, the cock is given respect. Not only does the Balinese man recognize his ideal self and his penis through the cock, but it also provides an outlet for his violent and aggressive tendencies.

OMG, WTF!!! So anyway, hopefully this will go well. I pretty much picked the worst possible time to give myself another online responsibility, in the middle of the semester, a lot of things going on in my personal life. But I probably won't be able to stop myself from posting. It just might be a while before I get links and stuff in order and decide on a permanent template (suggestions welcome).

Labels: , ,

« Home

yay al word em up on the level, on the strength 4 eva*

*whomever eva is
 
Post a Comment