I feel overly dependant on this blog shit, when blogger.com was down for most of the past 4 days it was really unnerving me like some kind of fiend. This weekend was cool aside from that, though, went out for St. Patrick's Day for the first I can remember in a while. We live a few blocks from all kinds of cheesy bars, and the one we went to was blasting music like Stabbing Westward, I don't know how people are supposed to party and get their drink on to that bullshit.

On Saturday, I hung out with Jim for a bit and went to the Talking Head. We saw a few local bands were opening for Palomar, who I’m not familiar with and didn’t stick around for. Jim wanted to see a band he knows called Pontiak, who I kinda liked. Three unshaven dudes in knit caps making grubby, unadorned indie rock, like Lungfish with more groove. And they opened with a decent cover of "Jockey Full Of Bourbon" by Tom Waits. The band after them, Squaaks, is one of those bands that makes me feel like a sexist pig by virtue of being pretty boring to watch with the exception of their hot chick bassist. The band after that sounded decent for their first couple songs but not good enough to keep me from ducking out.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

"...one we went to was blasting music like Stabbing Westward, I don't know how people are supposed to party..."

^^ pussy
 
haha, I knew you'd take umbrage at the Stabbing Westward diss. but seriously, do you want to get drunk and socialize to the sound of a second-rate NIN knockoff?
 
Post a Comment