Nels Cline - "Yokada Yokada / The Rumproller" (mp3)

This is the 2nd time in the past few days that I've posted some Nels Cline music, after that big Carla Bozulich post, but my review of his new album, New Monastery: A View Into The Music Of Andrew Hill, is up on Stylus today. I'm not familiar at all with the source material, but it's definitely becoming one of my favorite albums by Nels as a bandleader, largely because of the instrumentation. I love all the clarinet and accordian, it kind of gives this track and a couple others something of a klezmer vibe. I saw Andrea Parkins perform at High Zero a few years back and have been in love with the whole idea of experimental accordian music ever since. Thanks to Jeff for sending me the advance copy of a few weeks ago, might be the last freebie I get out of his job at the crumbling Tower Records HQ.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment