Tonight J.G. and I went to see Jim Gaffigan at the Lyric, which I got tickets for as a Christmas present for her last month when I heard he was coming to town. I always thought he was pretty funny whenever I'd see him on Conan or Dr. Katz back in the day, and last year after watching his Comedy Central special we were probably saying "hooooot pocket" to each other for months. I don't usually go to see live stand-up comedy much, but when I do I usually enjoy it (Lewis Black at the short-lived Baltimore Improv a few years ago, Charlie Murphy and other Chappelle's Show guys performing at my college). Although Gaffigan did some of his more popular material and that weird voice he's known for, I was pleasantly surprised by how much unfamiliar material he did, especialy in the first half of his set. The opening guy, a Southern guy with Neil Young/Wolverine sideburns named Rich Brooks, was pretty good too albeit with very trad standup subject matter. I don't think I've ever seen him on TV but if he was on I'd watch it.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment