TV Diary

1. "The Whitest Kids U' Know"
I never watched this show on whatever random cable channel it's on and still haven't, and for a long time that was because newjack sketch comedy shows are generally something to avoid in my experience, and the stupid name didn't help. But a friend sent me some YouTube links and a whole lot of their stuff is on there, and hey, it's not bad. Still as hit and miss as any sketch show, but some pretty funny shit.

2. "ego trip's Miss Rap Supreme"
I keep wanting these ego trip shows to be good, but I never got into "The (White) Rapper Show" and this one just seems boring to me so far. Like, the rap nerd pandering doesn't quite grab me enough on its own, as as reality show trash isn't just not as entertaining as, say, "Rock of Love."

3. "Rock Of Love 2"
Speaking of which! A very uneven season with ridiculous highs and some boring lows, but I still do enjoy watching those bickering sluts. Shame that there was that long stretch of the season where Kristy Joe was the only particularly attractive girl yet and the whole show momentarily was just about the other girls hating her.

4. "Reaper"
This show has really been consistently good lately, I think I was actually underrating it earlier in the season. The whole running plot with the demons played by a couple guys from "The State" turned out to be way more enjoyable than I generally want anything involving "The State" to be. Even the irritatingly Jack Black-esque character named 'Sock' has turned out to be pretty consistent comic relief. I'm starting to get anxious about it getting cancelled, since it and "Aliens In America" are the only 2 shows on the CW that haven't been renewed for the fall yet, those are the only shows on the network I give a shit about and I'll be pretty mad if the same thing happens as when "Veronica Mars" was the only CW show I cared about.

5. "The Riches"
After all my bitching and moaning about this show losing the plot after the first few episodes, the 2nd season has turned out to be pretty good. I just hope the finale this week isn't some more lame cliffhanger shit.

6. "American Idol"
I don't even know who I'm rooting for anymore, just that I'm rooting against Archuleta. David Cook and Syesha are alright, I guess, and I like Brooke but her and her nerves just have got to go at this point. The added entertainment value that Anthony's Travolta comparison gave Jason Castro should keep me cracking up for as long as he's still around, though.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment