the first 7 months of 2008

Albums:
1. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah: 4th World War
2. Evangelista - Hello, Voyager
3. My Brightest Diamond - A Thousand Shark's Teeth
4. Nine Inch Nails - The Slip
5. Jonathan Richman - Because Her Beauty Is Raw And Wild
6. Nas - Untitled
7. The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely
8. Sloan - Parallel Play
9. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
10. Rich Boy - Bigger Than The Mayor
11. Prodigy - H.N.I.C. 2
12. Grand Buffet - King Vision
13. Raheem DeVaughn - Love Behind The Melody
14. Dan Friel - Ghost Town
15. Sheek Louch - Silverback Gorilla
16. The Roots - Rising Down
17. Blake Leyh - X-Ray Yankee Zulu Tango
18. Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
19. AZ - Undeniable
20. Ron Browz presents The Wonder Years
21. The B-52s - Funplex
22. Jim Jones & Byrd Gang - M.O.B.: The Album
23. various artists - The Wire: " … and all the pieces matter"
24. Parts & Labor - Escapers Two: Grind Pop
25. N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds

Singles:
1. Jazmine Sullivan f/ Missy Elliott - "I Need U Bad"
2. Sara Bareilles - "Love Song"
3. Jordin Sparks f/ Chris Brown - "No Air"
4. Hot Stylz f/ Yung Joc - "Lookin' Boy"
5. Ne-Yo - "Closer"
6. Paramore - "That's What You Get"
7. Snoop Dogg f/ Too $hort and Mistah F.A.B. - "Life Of Da Party"
8. Cherish f/ Yung Joc - "Killa"
9. Young Jeezy f/ Kanye West - "Put On"
10. Ryan Leslie - "Diamond Girl"
11. Wes Fif f/ B.O.B. - "Haterz Everywhere"
12. Coldplay - "Viva la Vida"
13. Soulja Boy - "Donk"
14. Shawty Lo - "Foolish"
15. Jesse McCartney - "Leavin'"
16. Robin Thicke - "Magic"
17. Webbie f/ Lil Phat of 3 Deep and Lil Boosie - "Independent"
18. Ludo - "Love Me Dead"
19. John Mayer - "Say"
20. Alicia Keys - "Teenage Love Affair"
21. Ray J - "Gifts"
22. Lee Carr - "Stilettos"
23. Ryan Leslie f/ Cassie "Addiction"
24. Nine Inch Nails - "Discipline"
25. Busta Rhymes - "Don't Touch Me (Throw Da Water On 'Em)"
26. T.I. f/ Swizz Beatz - "Swing Your Rag"
27. Lil Mama f/ T-Pain - "What It Is (Strike A Pose)"
28. Jennifer Hudson - "Spotlight"
29. Ashanti - "Good Good"
30. Nas f/ Keri Hilson - "Hero"
31. The Roots f/ Wale and Chrisette Michelle - "Rising Up"
32. Lupe Fiasco - "Hip Hop Saved My Life"
33. John Legend f/ Andre 3000 - "Green Light"
34. Plies f/ Jamie Foxx and The-Dream - "Please Excuse My Hands"
35. Michelle Williams - "We Break The Dawn"
36. Danity Kane - "Damaged"
37. Usher f/ Young Jeezy - "Love In This Club"
38. Slim f/ Yung Joc - "So Fly"
39. Metro Station - "Shake It"
40. G-Unit - "I Like The Way She Do It"
41. Swizz Beatz - "Where The Cash At"
42. Missy Elliott - "Ching-A-Ling"
43. LL Cool J f/ The-Dream - "Baby"
44. Ace Gutta f/ T-Pain and Rick Ross - "Cash Flow"
45. Weezer - "Pork & Beans"
46. Plies f/ Ne-Yo - "Bust It Baby Part 2"
47. New Kids On The Block - "Summertime"
48. Jordin Sparks - "One Step At A Time"
49. Lil Wayne f/ Bobby Valentino
50. Janet Jackson - "Luv"

My sudden disposition towards female artists, which I'd never really had much of until the last couple years, continues with women dominating the top 3 of both of these lists. I don't know what that means, if anything. My view of singles is still feeling really scattered and inconsistent this year, but I'm jamming a lot of stuff with the windows down this summer (my AC is real weak) that I feel compelled to list now that I'm not so sure I'll still be feeling in December. Which is really why I like to do these monthly updates, as unnecessary and compulsive as they admittedly are.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment