TV Diary

a) "Real Chance of Love 2: Back in the Saddle"
I know it's kind of old hat to point out how ridiculous these VH1 dating shows are now, especially the ones that are about competing for the love of someone who once competed for the love of someone who once competed for the love of someone famous. But this show is pretty entertaining, even though and perhaps partly because I still have very little idea who the fuck these guys are or why they're so weird. The episode where they made girls hunt for a yeti was amazing, because everyone was so totally invested in it.

b) "Cake Boss"
OK I have a certain hometeam loyalty to "Ace of Cakes," but really this show pales in comparison so much, much less interesting cakes and much less likeable cast.

c) "Hung"
I was cautiously optimistic back when this show started, and while the end of its first season didn't go down an unsatisfying rabbit hole as badly as "The Riches," it left me similarly annoyed, although I think this still has a lot of potential that could be realized in the second season. I mean, the season finale they telegraphed several episodes finally came to pass, and although I liked the way they handled the scene, it was just kinda there and I'm looking forward to them getting past it. They need to get Alexander Payne to direct more often, I'm not sure any episode since the pilot has been quite as good as that one.

d) "True Blood"
Man by the end of the 2nd season I pretty much lost any reservations about being hooked on this ridiculous show, so much sex and violence and camp and broad humor and occasionally some pretty sharp dialogue. Even though I'd never wanna read the books, I appreciate the fact that it has so much source material to work with, so they can just keep stringing along these labyrinthine plot twists and seemingly never running out. I feel like I should have some kind of defensive response for Brandon's "If you're not a broad and you're watching True Blood whats your deal," but I dunno, watching something with this much blood and tits doesn't seem like a huge challenge to my masculinity.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

STALLIONAIRES!

Half the fun of "Real & Chance" is that they're sort of charismatic nobodies who stunt like they're somebodies, like they've got these huge music/etc careers happening and shit when they're really just second-string reality "stars" who have a name because they were on the first "I Love New York" way back when. The other half is all the girls on their shows pretending that they're there because the dudes are hot, successful celebrities and not because, you know, they're angling (not-so-subtly sometimes) for their own reality shows.
 
Post a Comment