As much as I love the two albums the Boredoms made around the turn of the century, Super Ae and Vision Creation Newson, they have such a large and daunting catalog of releases and side projects that I've never really gotten up the nerve to dive much further into that world, and I was never really sure what any of the other stuff sounded like. But I'd always been interested in one of the many offshoots, Yoshimi's other band OOIOO, and decided to check out their new album, Arminico Hewa. As it turns out, though, OOIOO sounds a whole lot like VCN-era Boredoms, so maybe all the stuff they've been doing since then is in the same basic aesthetic, and I shouldn't have been so intimidated. There's some pretty cool sounds on here, and great drumming on "Irorun," but I think ultimately if I wanna hear a girly garage band version of the Boredoms, I much prefer Ponytail.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment