The Village Voice's 2010 Pazz & Jop critics poll results are up, and here is my ballot from my 4th year voting in the poll. The Voice also published a few words I wrote in the poll's comments section, which were part of a longer rant lamenting how the singles poll has of late favored indie rock, blog favorites and tracks from the albums poll winners over the hit singles that used to dominate the singles poll. I ended up rewriting that rant as a column about this year's poll for SpliceToday.com, which was built primarily on a bunch of number-crunching I started doing after last year's poll regarding how many P&J singles poll winners actually were chart hits every year since 1979. And Glenn McDonald, who's been doing amazing Pazz & Jop statistical breakdowns every year for a while now, helped me put together P&J&B, which puts all that info into some fairly digestible statistics and graphs that really show how much less populist the poll is now than it once was.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment