A few months ago, I released my band Western Blot's album Muscle Memory, and Michael Bartolomeo of Triangle Films agreed to direct a video for my favorite track on the album, "Dull Dark Side." Mike and I have been friends since college, we played together in a band called Zuul and I acted in one of his early short films Cabbage Head, so we've always looked for more projects to collaborate on, and I'm really thrilled with how this turned out. I just gave him the song and let him mastermind the entire visual element and story of the video, and I didn't see more than a couple photos from the set until this week, so finally getting this video was like opening up a Christmas present. 

As I wrote a while back, "Dull Dark Side" contains the oldest recordings on my album, including stuff I put on a 4-track in my friend Scott Street's apartment in the summer of 2001. And I eventually took the track to my friend Mat Leffler-Schulman's studio and added more instrumentation, wrote some lyrics, and asked Kathleen Wilson of Thee Lexington Arrows to sing it. So I feel like the release of this video is the end of an incredibly long 16-year journey for this song, and I'm as proud of it as anything I've ever been involved in. 
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment