In 2015, I invited some friends and acquaintances over to my practice space in Baltimore to try making music together. Singer/guitarist Dan Doggett (formerly of Monument) had been writing some songs, and guitarist Chris Merriam (formerly of Private Eleanor) and bassist K.B. Blankson (also of They Move On Threads) started learning them, with me on drums. We took the name Golden Beat from a page of a 1982 Sears catalog, practiced almost every week for two years and played a handful of gigs, but eventually everyone's schedules got too busy to keep up with it and the band ran its course. But I really loved the stuff we recorded, 3 studio tracks produced by Tim St. Clair (of Soft Peaks, who we played a couple shows with), and a couple more from our self-recorded demo, so I wanted to assemble them into an EP, The Complete Works of Golden Beat, which I put up on SoundCloud today, enjoy.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment