I released two new Western Blot songs this week, "XING PED" and "Golden West Bleat." This is the third single I've released this year, after "Avoiding You" and "Valeria," and as with those, Mat Leffler-Schulman mastered them and Deadman Jay did the cover art. 

A few years ago I played drums in the band Golden Beat, and after we broke up I compiled the 5 songs we'd recorded as an EP. But there were 2 other songs that we played at our shows, our fastest song "Stray" and our slowest song "Simple Dude," that never got recorded. At one point while the band was winding down and I was recording solo stuff with Doug Bartholomew, I made drum tracks for those songs, hoping I could possibly get the other members of Golden Beat to finish recording them. That idea never came together, so I took those drum tracks and wrote new songs over them with my own lyrics and melodies that were somewhat derivative of the band's original arrangements. So "Stray" became "XING PED" and "Simple Dude" became "Golden West Bleat," and I credited the other members of the  band for songwriting. 

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment