My 4th Western Blot album Ivy is out today on Bandcamp! I have been recording every single day of 2021 and keeping a recording log on my Twitter account, and I'm really proud of what I've gotten out of putting months and months of daily work into this record and the various EPs and singles I've released over the last year or so. 

It's the first album I mixed and produced myself, although I've gotten a lot of help on this record from some of the same great folks who have helped me on previous albums. Ishai Barnoy and John German from the Western Blot live band played some guitars, Brooks Long and Koye Berry each sang on one track, Doug Bartholomew recorded the drums on a couple songs, Mat Leffler-Schulman mastered it, and my Golden Beat bandmates K.B. Blankson, Dan Doggett, and Chris Merriam co-wrote a track that started as one of that band's unrecorded songs. I also decided to return to the Donald Edwards sculptures featured on the cover of my first album Muscle Memory because I still had a ton of great unused photos my wife Jennifer German took of his work for that album, and Deadman Jay helped me turn them into the album cover. 
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment