My dad, Rick Shipley, was singing in a cover band in Baltimore County in 1974, around the time he finished college. One night, he struck up a conversation with a musician from California who was in town: Lowell George of Little Feat, who invited my dad to hang out at their studio in Hunt Valley and watch the band work on what would be one of their greatest albums, Feats Don't Fail Me Now. I grew up a Little Feat fan because of that chance meeting, and my dad and I went to several Little Feat shows together before he died in 2017. 

The 50th anniversary of Feats Don't Fail Me Now is on Friday, and a few weeks ago Little Feat celebrated the album and their fortuitous time in Baltimore with a show at Pier Six Pavilion. I spoke to two members of Little Feat's 1974 lineup, Bill Payne and Kenny Gradney, for a Baltimore Banner piece about the 8 months that Little Feat spent in Maryland that year.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment