This morning I took the last final of my college career, and my graduation ceremony's on Sunday. My brother's flying in from Wisconsin tomorrow, and I've got more family driving up from Delaware over the weekend. Should be fun. I'm taking 3 whole days off work, which is practically a vacation since it's not unusual for me to go 2 or 3 weeks in a row without a day off (although some of those days are short shifts). Last weekend I went to J.G.'s graduation, and I think hers felt a bit more significant and emotional than mine probably will, mainly because she lived on campus the whole time and graduated with a lot of her friends. I've lived of campus for a few years now and I'm gonna keep working on-campus at my student job until the end of the summer, so the only change for me after this week will just be not having to go to class anymore, which always felt like the least significant part of my day anyway.

I'm getting ready for a lot of changes, though. I was in school for 5 years, and have been at the same job for 3 and a half years, and at another job for 2 years, and have been in my current apartment for 2 years. And all of that will have changed by probably the end of the summer. I welcome it, though, I need to get shaken out of my rut. I'm glad I finished school but I was never really that committed to it (which is why it took me 5 years even though I was a full-time student the whole time), and always kind of regarded it as a burden when I could have used that time in a lot of different ways, or at the very least could've worked more hours and had more money. So now I'll have more time to dedicate to other things. I can't wait to start pitching reviews and recording music again next week. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for a day job in the fall after I leave my 2 part-times, though. I guess now that I have an English degree I should try and find a desk job, which I've never done before, but which I'm sure is preferable to what I'm doing now. The job hunt scares the hell out of me, though.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

yay! congrats! mat
 
Post a Comment