Bruce Springsteen - "Candy's Room" (mp3)
Posting Joey O.'s mix that I put this on reminded me I wanted to post the song itself. Even though I grew up saturated in 70's classic rock, I never really got exposed to much pre-Born In The U.S.A. Bruce, and just in the past 5 years or so I've really taken an interest in him. But every time I copped one of his earlier albums expected it to be The One, it didn't quite hit the spot, until I finally got Darkness On The Edge Of Town, which is exactly what I was looking for: basically Born On The Run but a little darker and less familiar. I guess there are a lot of people that like it but it still offends me that it's the only one of Bruce's first 7 albums that AllMusic gives less than 5 stars to. To me it's like the perfect Bruce album. This song is amazing, the hi-hats, the builds, maybe uncharacteristic enough to be enjoyed even by some Bruce haters. When I start my next band I'll probably try to implement a no-covers policy, but if the other people aren't having it, I'll insist that we cover either this or "King Of The World" by Steely Dan.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment