I didn't watch much of The Oscars tonight, but I did participate for the first time in the City Paper's annual Alties. I didn't have a whole lot of ideas and only a couple of them made the cut (Best What-He-Always-Does and Best Obviously Fake Hair), but I'm rather proud of the latter, even though I didn't even see the movie in question. I probably saw more new movies in the past year (as in, in the theatre or during the actual year of release; most of the movies I see are a year or three after the fact on Netflix or cable) than I have in a long time, but then, a lot what I saw were mediocre comedies I reviewed for CP (Aquamarine, Norbit, The Santa Clause 3, Hoot, RV, The Shaggy Dog, School For Scoundrels, Click, etc.). So these are my top 10 favorite movies I saw in the past year, with the very large caveat that almost everything else I saw was a cheesy family movie or underwhelming superhero flick or Little Miss Sunshine, and that I still haven't seen a whole lot of stuff that I want to:

1. The Departed
2. Pan's Labyrinth
3. The Prestige
4. Inside Man
5. An Inconvenient Truth
6. Ice Age 2
7. Gridiron Gang
8. Lady In The Water
9. The Guardian
10. The Illusionist
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment