The latest stuff I've blurbed for the Stylus Jukebox:

Jim Jones ft. Juelz Santana - Emotionless [5/5.8]
Kelly Clarkson - Never Again [7/6.83]
Eve - Tambourine [4/5.5]
T.I. - Big Shit Poppin' [6/6.2]
Devin The Dude ft. Andre 3000 and Snoop Dogg - What A Job [6/7.5]
Marilyn Manson - Heart-Shaped Glasses [7/6.2]
The White Stripes - Icky Thump [3/5.8]
Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know (Ping Pong Song) [4/4.25]
Yung Joc ft. Gorilla Zoe - Coffee Shop [3/6.5]
Robin Thicke - Can U Believe [6/5.5]

My scores haven't been too far off the consensus lately, although I'm happy to be the voice of dissent on the occasion that everyone is praising what sounds like unlistenable bullshit to me ("Coffee Shop," "Umbrella"). A commenter took me to task for dissing Andre ("Dear Stylus, If you are actually paying Al Shipley to contribute to your website based on his knowledge and understanding of lyrics, please read this sentence and reconsider," haha, well they aren't, but thanks for your concern!), but I stand by what I said. His verse on the "Walk It Out" remix is a muddled, half-realized mess, he sounds like fucking Murphy Lee on the new UGK song, and we need to stop giving this cat a gold star every time he raps just because we're grateful that he's not trying to sing or play guitar.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment