Grand Buffet - "Seek To Know" (mp3)

This week in the City Paper I reviewed Grand Buffet's latest album. Tom pretty accurately summed up the whole paradox of the band's appeal, but I'm not as positive about the new one as he is. The thing about Grand Buffet is, they released an album or EP every year for a while up through 2003, and then, aside from a rarities compilation and a new track on a best-of, King Vision is the first new material they've released in over 4 years. And based on the way they'd talked about the album for all these years, I thought it'd be some real next level shit, but instead I think it's one of their weaker efforts. Based on that fact, and the kind of run-down feel of their last few shows in Baltimore, it kinda feels like they're running out of steam, but I hope next month's show proves me wrong. It's a shame, too, because a few years ago I made the mistake of putting a few Grand Buffet songs on a mixtape for Ethan, and to this day he clowns me mercilessly about liking them, and I wish I had more conviction about it now but I don't really care as much anymore.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment