Jaguar Love - "Jaguar Pirates" (mp3)

My friend Josh, who I'm on the same wavelength with a lot of music shit, has always been pretty hardcore into the Blood Brothers, and when they were together he made an effort to get me into them, but for whatever I reason I never quite sat down with an album or heard a song that clicked, although I feel like I kind of got and respected their sound and overall steez. But he managed to hook me on one of the new bands to have spun off from the Blood Brothers pretty quickly, sending me some songs from Jaguar Love's debut EP when it was released a few months ago that I instantly got pretty into. Maybe Johnny Whitney's Guy-Picciotto-on-helium just needed a slightly more mellow, organ-driven backdrop to really become palatable for me, I dunno, but I'll probably really check out the old band now because Jaguar Love's Take Me To The Sea is pretty great in parts. There are some bits on "Jaguar Pirates" where I genuinely have no idea if his voice is being manipulated with tape or he's making all those sounds manually, but the tones that I think would've been grating to me at one point kind of give the songs a pleasant little edge to hold my attention now.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

this is pretty awesome. sure it's not pitch shifted? it doesnt sound natural to me. sounds like geddy lee to me! regardless, i am totally jamming on it...
 
Post a Comment