Viewing Diary

a) Futurama: Bender's Game
J.G. got her brother the latest "Futurama" DVD movies for Christmas and we watched this one. I liked the first couple well enough, but I think this is my favorite to date, partly because the others kinda sagged under the weight of carrying a longer story arc than you're used to from half-hour show. This kind of kept things fresher over the duration partly because the stuff in the game/fantasy world felt like a whole other episode.

b) "Lost," Season 1
I always kinda wanted to get into this show, but I didn't really get back into the habit of watching primetime TV again post-college until the second season, and though I watched a few episodes by that point I was already pretty behind. Fortunately, my brother is a big "Lost" fanatic, and got me the first 3 seasons on DVD for Xmas, so I should be able to catch up and be all primed for the final season next year. Hell, considering that I blew through the first season in a week, I might end up being able to follow along with season 5 by the time it starts later this month. Anyway, it's good to finally get all immersed in it, although I do kinda wish I'd been able to get a good rush out of some of the twists that everyone knows about now. The plotting and characterization sometimes feel a little wooden and perfunctory, but ultimately it's a hugely watchable show because the cast is really strong and they string you along at just the right pace with the suspense and mystery.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment