New Singles Jukebox blurbs, and I'm even meaner with my scores than last time:

50 Cent – OK, You’re Right [1/4.31]
Jeremih – Imma Star (Everywhere We Are) [7/5.07]
Mario ft. Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett – Break Up [2/4.79]
Fabolous ft. The-Dream – Throw It In The Bag [2/4.71]
Christina Milian ft. The-Dream – Chameleon [1/6.5]
Maxwell – Bad Habits [5/7.31]
Muse – United States of Eurasia (Collateral Damage) [2/2.94]
Kelly Clarkson – Already Gone [4/4.94]
Jay-Z ft. Rihanna and Kanye West – Run This Town [3/5]
Paramore – Ignorance [6/6.25]
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Alright, I know I dropped, like, a dozen comments on one of your recent posts, but I have a few more things to say in regards to your new Jukebox entries:

- I don't think "OK, You're Right" is particularly bad; it's somewhat leaden, yeah, but passable by his (admittedly nonexistent) standards. It's probably the closest thing to "If I Can't" or "Westside Story" that we can expect from 50 in 2009.

- "Run This Town" sucks, and I don't understand the idea that Kanye kills Jay; 'Ye's verse is his least inspired in ages.

- Someone told me that Loso's Way is suprisingly good, but I'm not sure. "Throw It in the Bag" definitely doesn't inspire confidence. To me, it's similar to Clipse's recent work ("Kinda Like a Big Deal," "I'm Good"): a normally dead-eyed rapper trying and failng to be more dynamic than usual.

- I should hear Maxwell's new album.
 
I think Kanye's "Run This Town" verse is passable and mostly sounds better next to Jay's flailing failure, but "I guess I'm the black Marshall meets Jay" is a pretty infuriating line from a guy who used to be self-aware enough to say something much more accurate like "I'm the best version of Mase next to Fab."

I'd say I'll give "OK, You're Right" a chance next time I hear it, but I think there's a good chance I'll never hear it again.
 
Post a Comment