Firewater megamix part 2:

1. Weird To Be Back
2. Ponzi's Theme
3. Get Out Of My Head
4. Drunkard's Lament
5. Snake-Eyes And Boxcars
6. I Still Love You Judas
7. The Circus
8. Mr. Cardiac
9. Bad, Bad World
10. The Beat Goes On
11. Borracho (Ponzi's Relapse)
12. Hey Clown
13. Refinery
14. Caroline
15. Six Forty Five
16. This Is My Life
17. Hold On, Slow John
18. Ponzi's Revenge
19. Psychopharmacology
20. Isle Of Dogs

A year or two back, I made a mix for J.G. of my favorite Firewater songs, and since she really loved it and wanted more, and they easily have more good songs that would fit on one disc, I decided to make a sequel. Whereas the first one had a kind of high concept sequencing, designed to weight more towards the early albums, this one is more freeform, filling in the blanks the predecessor missed. It's still pretty heavy on early stuff (betwee the two mixes, 11 out of 12 songs from each of the first two albums are included), but I got to include a lot more from the most recent album, The Golden Hour, which is aging well. Plus this time around I got to cover more of the variety in the band's catalog, using all three of the "Ponzi"-themed instrumentals as kind of buffer interludes, and all of the great guest vocal turns by Jennifer Charles of Elysian Fields on tracks 7-10. Man this is such an awesome, awesome band, such a great unique mix of meat-and-potatoes rock, instruments and influences from around the world, downtrodden Tom Waits-y story songs and goofy wordplay, I wish more people listened to them.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment