mix for J.G., March 2010

1. Portastatic - "I Wanna Know Girls"
2. Butch Walker And The Black Widows - "She Likes Hair Bands"
3. Say Anything - "Less Cute"
4. They Might Be Giants - "Why Does The Sun Really Shine?"
5. Beatallica - "I Want To Choke Your Band"
6. The Cure - "Close To Me"
7. Elvis Costello - "Veronica"
8. that dog. - "Minneapolis"
9. Pink - "It's All Your Fault"
10. Fall Out Boy - "The (Shipped) Gold Standard"
11. Austin Stahl - "Great Things Await"
12. Wye Oak - "I Want For Nothing"
13. J Roddy Walston And The Business - "I Used To Did"
14. Brendan Benson - "Poised And Ready"
15. Squeeze - "Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)"
16. U2 - "Breathe"
17. Birds And Arrows - "Honeymoon Song"
18. Jellyfish - "The Man I Used To Be"
19. Paramore - "All I Wanted"
20. Sparklehorse - "Don't Take My Sunshine Away"

A couple months ago when I was burning some CDs for J.G. (the second Firewater mix, the Ted Leo covers mix, etc.), I decided to throw together a mix just of some songs I'd been enjoying lately that I thought she'd like, including some of my favorite Baltimore artists on tracks 11-13. This was also one of those funny mixes where a subliminal theme kind of ended up emerging when I realized that 4 of the songs have "want" or "wanted" or "wanna" in the title.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment