The 2011 Remix Report Card, Vol. 4

"Blow (Remix)" by Ke$ha featuring B.o.B
I guess that sellout style is still working for Bobby Ray, then. Apparently B.o.B's hero Andre 3K is on a remix of a deep cut from the same Ke$ha record, though, so who am I to judge? Anyway this barely feels like a remix because B.o.B raps over a completely different beat and then the original track comes back when Ke$ha sings, feels very glued together.
Best Verse: n/a
Overall Grade: F

"Motivation (Remix)" by Kelly Rowland featuring Busta Rhymes, Trey Songz and Fabolous
Recently I've stated my desire to hear a) a remix of "Motivation" without Wayne on it and b) Busta rapping doubletime on something on the radio besides "Look At Me Now." Despite filling both those criteria, I can't say I especially like this, though, if anything Jeremih's version is my favorite remix of this song so far. But the fact that Kelly went in and did some more melodic runs on this version that weren't on the original.
Best Verse: Busta Rhymes
Overall Grade: B

"Racks (Remix)" by YC featuring Bun B, CyHi Da Prynce, Young Jeezy, B.o.B, Big Sean, Cory Gunz, Cory Mo, Nelly, Trae Tha Truth, Wacka Flocka Flame, Wale, Wiz Khalifa and Yo Gotti
The original song is barely there for me, so any addition to it is an improvement, even if it's an insane 13-minute remix with 16 guest MCs. I don't know if Waka using AutoTune is a good look or a bad look or just hilarious. I still can barely tell Wiz Khalifa's voice from Wale's, when the former's verse started at first I thought it was the latter. Wale's actual verse and Cory Gunz's are the most depressing because they're both trying really hard and are still just awful. I also thought Cory Mo was Trae, which makes me think I should check out Cory Mo. Nelly kinda goes in! How the hell does Ace Hood bat cleanup on this? Is that just done because they know most people won't listen that long?
Best Verse: Cory Mo
Overall Grade: D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment