TV Diary

a) "Duets"
I love all these stupid singing shows, but my infatuation usually has an expiration date. "Idol" has been dead to me for years, and even "The Voice" kind of lost my interest this year. And now I like this, which is much closer to the latter, and has mostly coaches that I really like as singers and own albums by.

b) "Men At Work"
As much as I like old-fashioned sitcoms, all these shitty little deliberate throwbacks starring people from old popular shows on TBS and TV Land are just sad, especially this one with the one guy from "That 70s Show" that everybody forgot about. Created by fucking Breckin Meyer!

c) "The Client List"
I don't think the world has properly recognized how incredible it is that there's a show about Jennifer Love-Hewitt giving handjobs. I mean it's on Lifetime so they don't actually show that, but she still looks pretty incredible. I love this stupid show.

d) "Hip Hop Squares"
This show is kinda lame. I mean even if they'd done it 'right,' and only had good rappers and not fucking Mac Miller or whatever, and actually made most of the questions rap trivia and not general pop culture, it might've be alright, but at its best it's just a goofy idea.

e) "Comedy Bang! Bang!"
A year or two back when IFC started showing all those old '90s Apatow shows like "Freaks & Geeks" and "Larry Sanders," they started running this boring interview show in between called "Comedy Death Ray." This is basically the same show with the same host, but instead of a sleepy TV podcast they turned the interview show into a full-blown surreal sketch show, like a live action "Space Ghost Coast To Coast" basically. Which, given that comparison, feels like kind of a stale idea to me. And this just isn't funny at all, just actively annoying really.

f) "Loiter Squad"
I've done a pretty decent job of avoiding O** F*****'s music and not dedicating any more internet bandwidth to their bullshit, and was going to do the same with their show until I gave in and watched an episode and wow, I really hate these kids, worst shit I've ever seen. 

g) "Girls"
This show is definitely a little more involving than I expected, in terms of actually being curious what they're going to do next with these characters even if I don't really care about them per se. The show's whole sense of humor is kinda not my speed, though, I dunno, it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will probably keep watching it, though I will probably enjoy it more if I ignore all the terrible dialogue around it.

h) "Magic City"
I keep watching this show for superficial reasons and hoping that eventually it'll reveal itself to be an involving, well crafted drama that I don't need to watch just for all the hot chicks and retro fashion and whatnot, but I have no idea what's going on in the plot and don't care. Even Danny Houston's scenery-chewing villain is just kind of an empty character when it should be magnetic and fascinating. 

i) "Workaholics"
So glad this show is back, these guys are insane.

j) "Pound Puppies"
My son watches this show sometimes after "Fraggle Rock" before we leave the house in the morning, and it weirded me out how many familiar voices there are in the cast -- first I noticed Shirley from "Community," then Will from "Will & Grace," then frigging Michael Rapaport as a chihuahua for some reason. It's a decent show, really, but I'm glad I don't have a daughter and don't have to be led down the road of potential "My Little Pony" appreciation.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment