The Best of Me, 2019







Here's some stuff I did in 2019 that I'm proud of:

- For Vinyl Me, Please, I wrote about why The Sound Garden is the best record store in Maryland, and my piece was later included in VMP's excellent The Best Record Stores In America book that can be bought online as well as at The Sound Garden and many other stores featured in it.

- For City Pages, I interviewed Fantasia Barrino and reviewed Tom Waits and The Police tribute albums, and did new expanded versions of my deep album cuts playlists for Jay-ZQueenThe Who, and Eric Church, among others.

- For Vulture, I wrote about the history of rap/rock collaborations at the Grammys.

- For Billboard, I wrote about artists that took over a decade between albums, and the recent rash of hip hop retirements.

- For Complex, I wrote about overlooked summer TV shows, and helped rank every Future album and mixtape.

- For Spin, I wrote a couple articles about this year's nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and wrote about some of the best alternative rock songs of 1999.

- For Vice, I wrote a lengthy appreciation of Rich Gang: Tha Tour, Part 1 on its 5th anniversary.

- I appeared on the From The English Basement and Music Vibes podcasts.

- Here on Narrowcast, I eulogized Little Feat guitarist Paul Barrere, brought back my Remix Report Card, and made over 30 deep album cuts playlists including Thin Lizzy, The CureGang Starr, Talk Talk, LL Cool J, and Eddie Money. And over the last few weeks I posted all my best of 2019 lists (albums, singles, and TV shows) as well as my top 100 albums of the 2010s.

- I also released my second Western Blot album, Materialistic, a record I'm really proud of, and played about about a dozen shows in Baltimore between Western Blot and my other band, Woodfir, who recorded a few new songs that will be out soon.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment