Cassowary Records ยท western blot - wrong again (hit em)

 




Last week, Drew Daniel of Matmos tweeted about an imaginary genre that came to him in a dream called "hit em" that featured 212BPM beats in 5/4 with super crunched out sounds. Almost immediately, producers started making hit em a reality by making their own tracks following Drew's specifications. Since I have a fixation on the 5/4 time signature -- I wrote a whole 5/4 album and make annual DJ mixes of music in 5/4 -- I immediately got to work on my hit em track in the two days I was home last week. I recommend checking out the whole cool variety of music people have posted in reply to Drew's original tweet, it sounds like there's going to be a whole compilation of this stuff. 

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment