Mons - "Castor"

The above MP3 is from my friend Mat's new record, Stimulus Frequency for the Localization of Sound in Space, which you can buy (and hear other sound clips) on CDBaby. "Castor" is one of the only songs on the record with vocals, which have been vocoded to the point that they're indecipherable anyway. It's also one of my favorites, serious LinnDrum action (Mat's a big big fan of Prince and 80's drum machines in general) and constantly changing patterns and sirens and squelches of synth. Stimulus is the 3rd Mons album, and he's been working on it forever, I have a CD-R of rough mixes he gave me in the summer of 2001. All this time, he's been adjusting and adding things, getting it all in order, and now it's finally here.

Mat's been getting his label Olympus Mons Records together for a while now, and so far the only releases have been reissues of the first 2 Mons albums, and now the new one. But next year hopefully there'll be more stuff coming out, including my album. I've also been helping out with the label itself, mainly writing text for the website and promotional materials. I'm also in charge of distributing promos, so if any of you freelancers and bloggers out there like what you hear and would like a copy to check out and maybe review, go ahead and get at me.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment