Inevitably I read about a lot more music and musicians than I ever get around to actually hearing, and I try not to make any hard and fast judgements about anything based just on what I read, but sometimes I just can't help hating a band without ever hearing them, especially if it's a local band I'll probably never hear anyway and don't particularly want to. I think the "we don't want to be Radiohead, we want to DANCE and have FUN!" line is more tiresome at this point than the "we want to be Radiohead" line ever was. Also: "Down in the Dirty South, if you will, people just get crunk a lot harder, and drop it like it's hot."

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

The line is more tired, but the concept isn't. Who wouldn't still rather have fun? (Oh yeah. Radiohead fans.)
 
the problem isn't the concept, the problem is that they actually think it's novel to have fun, and have to continually remind people that that's what they're doing. it just seems very forced to me. and who cares about Radiohead? why even bring it up?
 
Two of my friends' bands are opening that show up, so I'll probably end up going. I'll let you know how bad it is. The worst shit was that the teaser on the cover of the paper said "Tenessee Crunk" and I thought maybe they'd have an article about Three-6 or something.
 
Post a Comment