Last night I went to see my friend Chris's band Private Eleanor play an album release party with the Seldon Plan. I'd seen them once before but hadn't heard a lot of the new album, which they played all of plus one of their best old songs. The show was at the Current Space, which was a gallery I'd never been to before. I thought it was odd for an art space to be right in downtown Baltimore where everything is big businesses and parking garages, so I wasn't surprised when it turned out to be a temporary space. Turns out the city of Baltimore is allowing some buildings that are going to be demolished at some point soon to temporarily house stuff like galleries. It's kind of funny, too, since the current exhibit is all about urban renewal and has all these slogans pretty much protesting stuff like what's going to happen to the building it's in, which is going to be turned into a bunch of luxury condos.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment