Producer Series Mix #3: Kevin "Khao" Cates

1. T.I. - "Stand Up Guy" (mp3)
2. T.I. - "Why You Wanna"
3. T.I. - "Why U Mad At Me"
4. T.I. f/ Governor - "Hello"
5. T.I. f/ P$C - "Limelight"
6. T.I. f/ Young Buck and Young Dro - "Undertaker"
7. Young Dro - "Lollipop Gangsta" (mp3)
8. Big Kuntry, Mac Boney and AK - "Bread Box" (mp3)
9. P$C - "#1 Crew"
10. Paul Wall f/ T.I. - "So Many Diamonds"
11. Lil Kim f/ Sha-Dash and T.I. - "Get Yours"
12. Lil Kim - "I Know You See Me" (mp3)
13. Young Jeezy f/ Lil Will, Young Buck and Trick Daddy - "Last Of A Dying Breed"
14. Xplicit - "Flossy" (mp3)
15. Xplicit - "From The Midwest"
16. Dirty - "Gimme Sum Mo"
17. Dirty f/ Pastor Troy - "C'Mon" (mp3)
18. Dirty f/ Khao and DBK - "Keep It" (mp3)
19. Dirty f/ Silk and Mr. Blue - "Lose Control (Candy Man, Pt. 2)"

Khao may not be the Grand Hustle producer people are checking for right now (which would be DJ Toomp), and he's only just now getting his first serious radio hit, "Why You Wanna." But I started really taking notice of him after getting King and seeing that he did some of my favorite tracks, and expecially after the WordOfSouth.com feature. He's definitely good with the smoother, R&B-style tracks, but he's got some bangers too. If you check out his official site, he's actually got a bunch of new instrumentals (with drops over them to avoid beat jacking, of course) available for download in the bottom right corner, which is pretty cool. I never really knew anything by Dirty, who are from Khao's native Alabama, aside from their video "Hit Da Floe" that was a big a few years ago, but the stuff I checked out has been growing on me.

Previously in the Producer Series:
#1: Shondrae "Bangladesh" Crawford
#2: Rich Harrison

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment