Prince - "17 Days (Extended)" (mp3)

Prince - "Erotic City (Dance Mix)" (mp3)

A few months ago, I posted a Prince extended mix and talked a bit about the Ultimate Prince comp that was at the time still in limbo. It finally came out last month, and the 2nd disc, which is all remixes, contains a few extended mixes I was already familiar with thanks to Mat, like the dance mixes of "Little Red Corvette" (with that crazy-ass spoken bridge) and "Let's Go Crazy." And there's plenty of stuff I hadn't heard before, and while none of it's particularly essential, they're all pretty interesting to listen to. "Hot Thing (Extended Remix)" is in my opinion a complete improvement on the original, and "Pop Life" is one of those songs I think I could listen to on a constant loop, so a 6-minute version is real welcome. Now that it's out, I decided to post a couple mixes that aren't on Ultimate, presumably because even the original versions were merely b-sides. I always thought "Erotic City" was a little overrated, I mean, it's good but doesn't necessarily deserve its reputation as Prince's greatest dirty b-side. "17 Days" took a while to grow on me but now I'm crazy about it, especially this 13-minute version. Ultimate's first disc of proper versions of a chronological selection of hits is of less interest, although one advantage it has over The Hits is the inclusion of the batshit crazy "My Name Is Prince."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment