2006 so far

Albums:
1. T.I. - King
2. Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
3. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
4. Rhymefest - Blue Collar
5. Jon Auer - Songs From The Year Of Our Demise
6. Field Mob - Light Poles And Pine Trees
7. DJ Khaled - Listennn...The Album
8. Nels Cline - New Monaster: A View Into The Music Of Andrew Hill
9. The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
10. Two Dollar Guitar - The Wear And Tear Of Fear: A Lover’s Discourse
11. Shareefa - Point Of No Return
12. Lil Wayne/DJ Drama - Dedication 2
13. Carla Bozulich - Evangelista
14. “Weird Al” Yankovic - Straight Outta Lynwood
15. Asobi Seksu - Citrus
16. Donald Fagen - Morph The Cat
17. Ray Cash - Cash On Delivery
18. Jaheim - Ghetto Classics
19. Remy Ma - There’s Something About Remy
20. Junior Private Detective - Erase

Singles
1. T.I. - "What You Know"
2. DJ Khaled f/ Paul Wall, Lil Wayne, Fat Joe, Rick Ross and Pitbull - "Holla At Me Baby"
3. Foo Fighters - "No Way Back"
4. Evanescence - “Call Me When You’re Sober”
5. Justin Timberlake f/ T.I. - “My Love”
6. Rich Boy - “Throw Some D’s”
7. Omarion - “Entourage”
8. Lil Wayne and Baby - “Stuntin’ Like My Daddy”
9. Muse - “Knights of Cydonia”
10. Ray Cash f/ Scarface - "Bumpin' My Music"
11. Chamillionaire f/ Krayzie Bone - "Ridin'"
12. “Weird Al” Yankovic - “White And Nerdy”
13. Pussycat Dolls f/ Snoop Dogg - "Buttons"
14. Ciara - “Promise”
15. Fergie - "London Bridge"
16. India Arie f/ Akon - "I Am Not My Hair"
17. Pink - "Who Knew"
18. Beyonce - “Irreplaceable”
19. Lil Wayne - "Hustler Musik"
20. Ne-Yo - "When You're Mad"
21. Young Dro - “Rubberband Banks”
22. Beyonce - “Ring The Alarm”
23. Remy Ma - "Conceited"
24. New Found Glory - “It’s Not Your Fault”
25. Jamie Foxx f/ Ludacris - "Unpredictable"
26. Johnta Austin - “Turn It Up”
27. Monica - “A Dozen Roses”
28. Janet Jackson f/ Khia - “So Excited”
29. Pussycat Dolls f/ Will.I.Am - "Beep"
30. Ciara f/ Chamillionaire - “Get Up”
31. Kelly Clarkson - "Walk Away"
32. Young Buck - “I Know You Want Me”
33. Pink - “U + Ur Hand”
34. Beyonce f/ Slim Thug and Bun B - "Check On It"
35. Tool - “Vicarious”
36. Papa Roach - “To Be Loved”
37. Jessica Simpson - “Public Affair”
38. Dre f/ Keyshia Cole - “Be Somebody”
39. Robin Thicke - “Lost Without You”
40. Vanessa Hudgens - “Come Back To Me”
41. Frankie J f/ Mannie Fresh and Chamillionaire - “That Girl”
42. Jagged Edge - “Stunnas”
43. Jesse McCartney - “Right Where You Want Me”
44. Paris Hilton - “Nothing In This World”
45. The Killers - “When you Were Young”
46. Lupe Fiasco - "Kick Push"
47. Twista f/ Pitbull - "Hit The Floor"
48. Keyshia Cole - "Love"
49. B.G. f/ Mannie Fresh - "Move Around"
50. All-American Rejects - "Move Along"

At this piont just about every year, it gets down to crunchtime where I start feeling like no matter how many albums I've heard this year, it's hard to really feel like I've heard enough that was really that good. And in less than a month some deadlines for critic's polls will be creeping up, and I'll be scrambling to hear more and come up with a list I'm less apologetic or hesitant about. This time it's particularly exacerbated by the fact that I've been broke and jobless for most of the year, and just started working again, so in the next week or two I'll finally have expendable income to spend on as many CD's as I want and will catch up on some of the 'bigger'/more obvious albums that I feel like I need to hear, since I've spent most of the year writing about somewhat obscure and unpopular stuff and keeping close tabs on pet artists. I'll probably do what I did last year and post the 'final' list here as late in December as possible. Singles are a lot easier to list, as far as finding stuff I like. The hard part is the short term memory of the singles market, and my fickle tastes, which mean that a song I loved in the Spring that wasn't such a big hit that I still hear it once a week has just kind of slipped out of my mind by default. Although I think I'm better about remembering stuff from the first half of the year than a lot of people. But for the time being, not much new since August.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment