Sparklehorse - "Knives Of Summertime" (mp3)

I was pretty obsessed with Good Morning Spider when I was 17, and my review of Sparklehorse's new one in the City Paper this week is kind of a shrug in response to not really having the same love for the band now, but still remembering what the appeal was (the biggest sticking point might be the recycling of old tracks, particularly "Morning Hollow," which sounded great as a hidden track at the end of It's A Wonderful Life but has a fraction of the effect as the 4th-to-last song on Dreamt). A couple songs still stand out, though, particularly "Knives Of Summertime," but then I always loved the pedal steel stuff.

My Chemical Romance - "Teenagers" (mp3)

In my other City Paper review, I empathize with the current 17-year-olds who are obsessed with MCR, while at the same time registering my disappointment that some of my worst fears about The Black Parade have been confirmed. "Teenagers" is still a jam, though, shame they're going with the kinda boring "Famous Last Words" as the next single instead of this.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I like "17-year old" themed reviews.
 
that's because you're a perv, mike.

by the way, the random letters I have to type in the word verification to post this comment are "xtrejw," which I think either means 'extreme jew' or 'x-mas tree jew.'
 
Post a Comment