Netflix Diary

1. Brick
J.G. and I got so hyped up for this from the trailer that was at the beginning of a couple recent rentals. But I have to say, it was a bit of a disappointment. I participated a little in the ILM debate about this movie's merits, and I mostly came out on the anti- side. There just wasn't enough of a bridge between the hard boiled neo-noir dialogue and the modern high school setting to really make it work, it just came off ridiculous. I mean, Veronica Mars proved you can do noir in that setting while still letting the characters talk like believably chatty teenagers. This movie didn't need to do the same approach, but the approach it went with fell kinda flat.

2. The West Wing - Season 1
As Studio 60 floundered in the ratings and got progressively worse with each episode and eventually got cancelled, I finally got around to checking out The West Wing, which I probably should've watched all along as much as I liked Sports Night, but just never watched when it was on. I've heard that it didn't really get good until after the first season, but so far I'm enjoying this, so maybe sometime between now and 2010 I'll check out the other seasons.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment