Scratch isn't so much my favorite music magazine as it is the only rag I actually go to the newsstand to cop every single issue of anymore. Even now that they're increasingly putting more rappers and less producers (or even producer/rappers) on the cover, it's about as close to my ideal rap mag as there is, more about the recording process than the cult of personality of some MC who's usually a lousy interview anyway. So I'm pretty thrilled that my first piece of writing in a national print publication is in the new issue of Scratch, which should be in stores in the next week or so. My piece is just a little Boiling Point profile of The Bakery, the kids who produced Huey's "Pop, Lock & Drop It," but hey, it's a start. Big thanks to Noz for thinking to give me the gig. I'm still a little squeamish about the gradual blogger takeover of music writing, but I can't complain when dudes like him get editorial positions, especially when I'm a benefactor. I mean, it's nice to get paid for the nerding out on rap production that I'd do in my spare time anyway.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thats pretty baller Al.
 
Post a Comment