Obama came to Baltimore on Saturday, and I walked 20 blocks and waited out in the cold for a couple hours to hear the short speech and take some blurry photos, because I had to have my little "I was there" moment. I didn't anything as far as his campaign last year besides read about it and vote for him, and I sure as hell am not trying to get anywhere near D.C. on inauguration day, so it was pretty awesome that he happened to stop through my city 3 days beforehand. Pretty much every significant Maryland politician spoke, except, of course, for our crooked mayor that just got indicted. It was easy to kind of not even pay close attention to his speech after hearing so many of them, but just the whole vibe and the excitement were pretty crazy. Here's hoping the presidency comes anywhere near living up to the expectations built up in the campaign.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Man, I envy you that. My mom was watching this on TV and said the crowds looked totally insane - which is a lot of the reason she didn't go either, though she's closer (she lives in Baltimore County). But it would've totally been worth all the jostling and frostbite, you know?
 
Post a Comment