My biggest writing project of the past few months is finally done and out in the world: a feature article on musician Jon Ehrens in this week's issue of the Baltimore City Paper, and a lengthy companion piece on the City Paper's Noise blog that lists pretty much all of Jon's 30+ past and present bands and recording projects, including a 15-track streaming mixtape of songs from about half of those acts. I pored over 4 of 5 hours of Jon's music, much of it unreleased, and interviewed him, exchanged extensive e-mails and went to the release party for the White Life album earlier this month, and I hope the result is that I did this guy's talent justice and will get more people as excited about his music as I am, both the bands that I've written about before (White Life, The Art Department, and Repelican) and the lesser known bands covered in the blog post.

(photo by Jen Mizgata)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment