that purple punch

As a music fan, I've never really had a collector mentality, I don't really care if a record's rare if it doesn't have any value to me personally. Apparently I have that kind of mentality with soft drinks, though. Anytime there's a new soda out in a limited edition or being test marketed, I'm all ready to try that shit. I was hip to Sierra Mist pretty early on when it was being test marketed on my campus before anyone really knew about it, and it has long since been my lemon-lime soda of choice.

And lately I'm all about Mountain Dew's new "Pitch Black" black grape flavor, which has been on my campus for a minute and I'm starting to see else where. A couple weeks ago, I was in a Royal Farms that was selling 2 liters of it for cheap, so I grabbed a couple and have been nursing those. According to this article, the "limited edition" was only through Halloween, although it'll probably be back in stores permanently in a few months. I never really gotten into MD Live Wire, and I liked Code Red for a while but I've been off it for the past couple months. I like this Pitch Black stuff, though. The taste doesn't resemble any other grape soda, let alone any actual natural grape flavor. The weirdest thing I've noticed about it since I got the 2 liters is that when you pour it in a glass with ice, the froth is purple with weird little splotches of blue. And PoopReport.com (a site which I'm both horrified and delighted by the existence of) recently conducted an informal experiment to see if drinking Pitch Black in large amounts turns your poo green.

Of course, there's another 'limited edition' soda out there right now, Pepsi Holiday Spice. I really don't understand what the idea with that is, and the packaging and advertising is extremely vague about what kind of "spice" is in it. It pretty much tastes like regular Pepsi, with maybe a touch of Dr. Pepper in it, and the color of it has a red tint to it.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment