Perry Bible Fellowship is killing it. It's been running weekly in the Baltimore City Paper since it won CP's annual comics contest last year, but I keep forgetting to check for it, probably because I don't like any of the other comic strips in CP (and absolutely hate This Modern World - but then, I can barely stand any political cartoonist besides Trudeau). But over the weekend, my brother Zac, who's been living in Wisconsin for the past year, was out here visiting, and he saw the above strip in last week's issue of CP and we pretty much could not stop laughing at it for a couple days. Check the archives I linked above for more. PBF is not always consistently funny, in fact sometimes it's almost nonsensical, but there are serious moments of genius, and there's been a marked improvement in the drawing over the past year.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

The Perry Bible Fellowship guy is from Syracuse; I went to college with him. It sort of tripped me out when they started appearing in the City Paper because I'd seen most of these strips two years ago in my college daily newspaper. (Most of them are old.)
 
Post a Comment