On Thursday I took my friend Kelly out for dinner and a movie for her birthday, almost 2 weeks after the fact. Which is okay, because it was 3 weeks after my birthday when she took me out last month. The movie she picked was A Very Long Engagement, which I didn't really know anything about before seeing, I hadn't even seen Amelie or any of that stuff. It was really visually impressive, especially for a non-American film, I really wonder what kind of budget they made it on. Well done gore, too, probably as real-looking as anything in Saving Private Ryan, but not nearly as hard to look at because of the lightness of the overall tone throughout. Also, the phrase "doggie fart, gladdens my heart" is now burned into my brain.

For dinner we went to the Helmand, which I'd been meaning to check out forever, friends are always reccomending it to me. Afghan food is good! I need to go there again, or at least have Indian more often. As far as I'm concerned, that whole region has its shit together, culinary-wise.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment