So this semester I'm taking a Friday class, just one weekly 3-hour class in the afternoon. Two Fridays ago was to be the first test. The day before was one of the many semi-big (for Maryland) snowfalls we've had lately, so campus closed early. I really wasn't ready for the test, so I was hoping school would stay closed the next day, but there was only a delay, and my test was still on. So I showed up, about a half hour before test time, so I could sit in the classroom and fit in some last minute studying. But when I got there, there was a note on the door that class was cancelled. Which wasn't too surprising, considering the roads were still icey and maybe the professor lived far away. So I counted my blessings and got out of there.

This past Friday, I showed up to the next class, assuming the re-take for the test would be the week after. I got there early again, and sat in the classroom studying with 3 other people. But then when the rest of the class assembled in the room, the professor announced that last week's note was a hoax, and that class had not been cancelled. And I was one of only 4 or 5 people who had left without knowing what happened and hadn't taken the test. In a way, I felt lucky, because it was an honest mistake that gave me an extra week to prepare for the test. But since noone knew who did it, and only a handful of people 'fell' for it, it was a little uncomfortable to be in that room with everyone no doubt suspicious that one of us was the culprit. When the prof went over the test with the class, the 4 of us who hadn't taken it yet were asked to go out in the hallway for about 20 minutes. We were all kind of bewildered by it. We were asked to schedule time to take the test on Monday. So really I ended up getting 2 extensions on my studying time. But the really pathetic thing is that I still probably won't do good on the test. I took horrible notes in all the lectures.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment