Here's a decent little essay by Thurston Moore about mixtapes and cassette culture, a topic near and dear to my heart. Apparently it comes from a book on the subject edited by TM that's coming out in May, which is the kind of thing that gets me excited. I'm feeling especially sentimental about it right now since just a couple weeks ago the record button on my stereo's tape deck stopped working and I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it makes more sense to finally get a CD burner than buy a new tape deck, which means that I may have already made my last mixtape. Sigh.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

damn, and I thought I was late on the CD-R bandwagon when I signed on almost a year ago. I still rock the mixtape when necessary, STILL got like 100+ storebought cassettes in the collection.
 
Post a Comment