This morning I gave Darren a ride to BWI after he crashed at my place and hung out for a couple days here. Darren (Gov't Names readers know him as Le Coq, longtime ILX people know him as Ramosi and a bunch of other pseudonyms) is a guy I've kept in touch with through all this message board and blog shit for a few years now. One of the funniest people I know to any extent, too, always has a crazy story to tell. He's from Vancouver and always talked up plans about crossing the border and coming out east to see people but I was never sure if those plans would ever really materialize, and still wasn't even sure until like a week ago when he was calling me from NYC. He's been hustling with a lot of stuff, getting together a record label and a bunch of other side hustles, and has already made enough money off of these things to afford a long trip out here. He was in NYC for like a week and then took a Greyhound down to Baltimore for a couple days before flying up to Montreal today for further business. He's trying to get me involved in the label and put me on the payroll, although I dunno how much time and energy I'll have to spare for that stuff the time comes for that.

To say that Darren and my idiot roommate Landon did not hit it off would be a collosal understatement. The first night Darren was here, I thought a fight was going to break out every time I had to leave them in the same room unsupervised for a few minutes, and after 2 hours in my apartment, Darren asked me to take him to a hotel instead of crashing on my couch. But evidently there wasn't a single hotel in Baltimore with a vacancy (is it that normal? was it just that the Orioles were playing a home game or was something else going on?), so he ended up staying at my place anyway, and kind of made nice with Landon and there was no further conflict. One night we hung out with Tom for a bit and went to a bar, but we didn't stay long, because it was late and Darren had already had an 8 hour bus trip that day and was pretty drained. And last night we walked around the harbor and then cruised around with Bmore club music on the radio, so I think he got a nice glimpse of the city. I think he's coming back to New York in August so I might go up there to hang out again, Darren's a good dude.

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Never really interacted with him, but Ramosi posts are hilarious.
 
Post a Comment