While I'm engaging in some meta-blog whining, let me just say for the record that I'm tired of this "after the jump" shit where I have to click to read the whole post. I guess it's a an odd position to take, considering I've got to click a whole lot of things just to get to the page. But it's a goddamn blog, I should be able to scroll up and down and see everything you've posted without clicking, unless it's an outside link. Also, I'm kinda glad I don't have one of those hugely popular blogs when I look at them and see people scrambling to be the first to comment on a new post, usually saying nothing other than "first!"...What the fuck is the point of that?

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

First!
 
haha I was waiting for someone to do that.
 
"after the jump" serves its purpose pretty well if you're going to go into great detail or post some big pictures. loading and bandwidth concerns don't come into play on blogger, but if someone reloads a site multiple times a day for updates, it would be best if they reloaded a quick and relatively smaller front page than a massive page of stuff they've already seen and read.
 
Byroncrawford.com = Al's guilty pleasure?
 
haha never that! it is one of the blogs guilty of the latter complaint, but it's definitely not the only one.
 
Post a Comment