TV Theme Song Mix

1. The Who - "Who Are You" (C.S.I.)
2. The Blind Boys Of Alabama - "Way Down In The Hole" (The Wire, season 1)
3. The Dandy Warhols - "We Used To Be Friends" (Veronica Mars)
4. The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There For You" (Friends)
5. They Might Be Giants - "Boss Of Me" (Malcolm In The Middle)
6. Massive Attack - "Teardrop" (House, M.D.)
7. Mark Snow - "Materia Primoris" (X-Files)
8. Polaris - "Hey Sandy" (The Adventures Of Pete & Pete)
9. The Minutemen - "Corona" (Jackass)
10. The Who - "Baba O'Riley" (C.S.I.: NY)
11. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - "Bad Reputation" (Freaks And Geeks)
12. Phantom Planet - "California" (The O.C.)
13. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" (The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air)
14. The Vogues - "Five O'Clock World" (The Drew Carey Show)
15. Frank Sinatra - "Love & Marriage" (Married... With Children)
16. Jane's Addiction - "Superhero" (Entourage)
17. A3 - "Woke Up This Morning" (The Sopranos)
18. Tom Waits - "Way Down In The Hole" (The Wire, season 2)
19. The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again" (C.S.I.: Miami)

A while back, J.G. was saying something ot me about about all of the TV show themes she likes, and ended up commissioning me to track down some of her favorites, and the idea kind of blossomed from there, until I ended up with a whole CD of songs, some of which aren't even shows she watches (for the most part, I like every track's theme and/or the show itself, except I'm a Sopranos hater and don't care for the song either, but got carried away with the block of HBO shows). I pretty much stuck to the theme of songs that pre-existing bands had written before being appropriated for the show, although the X-Files one and maybe a couple others don't quite count. This is the final version, the Jackass and Drew Carey themes were added after the version I burned for J.G. I think the Fresh Prince theme is, along with "Baby Got Back," the rap song that every white kid of my generation can recite word for word, but I'm still working on memorizing that verse from the full version where he's on the plane.

Labels: , , , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment