The Top Ten 2006 issue of the Baltimore City Paper is out this week, and I contributed to two of the lists.

In The Year in Music, I wrote the blurb for The Roots album and a few other albums from my ballot showed up in the big list: T.I., Sonic Youth, and Lupe Fiasco (I like the Lil Wayne mixtape too but I didn't really think to vote for one of many Lil Wayne mixtapes in a year-end poll).

In The Year in Local Music, I wrote the blurbs for Blaq Starr's I'm Bangin' and Cex's Actual Fucking, and I co-sign the inclusion of
Skarr Akbar's The Bidding War Starts Now!, Profound and Ogun's Oil And Water 2, ShellBe RAW's Do You Like It Raw? on the list, as well as the honorable mentions of Dirty Hartz' It Is What It Is Mixtape Vol. 2, Karmella's Game's The Art Of Distraction, Labtekwon's Hustlaz Guide To The Universe 2.0, Supa DJ Big L's The Reality - Season 1, and Architects Recording Studio presents Street Radio Vol. 3

Right now would also be a good time to remind you that The Government Names 2006 Baltimore Hip Hop Poll is going on right now and you've got about 5 more days to vote, so please do if you have any opinion at all on the subject. I've gotten votes from over 50 people already, but only handful of those are well thought out ballots that include more than one or two CD's, the rest are just artists and their friends voting for their albums and nothing else, which is exactly what I was afraid of this poll becoming. So if you're an actual fan who listens to the music and doesn't just support yourself and your crew, please help to make this poll about public opinion and not who has the most dedicated volunteer street team.

(photo by Uli Loskot)

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment