the first 5 months of 2007

Albums:
1. Sloan - Never Hear The End Of It
2. Prodigy - Return Of The Mac
3. Parts & Labor - Mapmaker
4. Ted Leo - Living With The Living
5. R. Kelly - Double Up
6. Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis
7. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
8. Eleni Mandell - Miracle Of Five
9. Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond
10. They Might Be Giants - The Else

Still loving: Sloan and Prodigy. Insurgent: Kells and Parts & Labor. Not really high right now but I suspect will stay at about the same spot on the list for the rest of the year while a lot of the stuff above it slips further and further down: Eleni Mandell. Need to spend more time with to really figure out how I feel about: Jarvis and NIN.

Singles:
1. R. Kelly f/ T.I. and T-Pain - “I’m A Flirt (Remix)”
2. Swizz Beatz - “It’s Me Bitches”
3. Fantasia - “When I See U”
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - “Hump De Bump”
5. Kelly Rowland f/ Eve - “Like This”
6. DJ Khaled f/ Akon, T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Birdman and Lil Wayne – "We Taking Over"
7. Maroon 5 - “Makes Me Wonder”
8. Natasha Bedingfield - “I Wanna Have Your Babies”
9. My Chemical Romance - “Teenagers”
10. Amerie - “Gotta Work”
11. The Game f/ Kanye West - “Wouldn’t Get Far”
12. R. Kelly f/ Usher - “Same Girl”
13. Diddy f/ Keyshia Cole, Big Boi, Yung Joc, Rich Boy, and The Game - “Last Night (Remix)”
14. Justin Timberlake - “Until The End Of Time”
15. Fabolous f/ Swizz Beatz - “Return of The Hustle”
16. Young Jeezy f/ Keyshia Cole - “Dreamin’”
17. Nelly Furtado - “All Good Things (Come To An End)”
18. Huey f/ T-Pain and Bow Wow - “Pop, Lock & Drop It (Remix)”
19. Bow Wow f/ T Pain - “Outta My System”
20. Kanye West, Rakim, Nas and KRS One - “Classic”

Still actively resisting: "Umbrella," "Party Like A Rockstar," "Lip Gloss." Finally giving into grudgingly, after months of active resistance: the blatant Prince rips and faux-LinnDrum action on "Last Night" and large sections of that Justin album, the last track of which R&B radio has picked up on and made me obsessed with. Finally giving into with complete, joyful abandon: all things T-Pain, except "Buy U A Drank." Still loving regardless of anyone giving a shit either way: "When I See U," "I Wanna Have Your Babies," "Hump De Bump." So relieved they finally released a single I like, after 3 in a row that I was completely ambivalent towards: "Teenagers," "All Good Things (Come To An End)." Can't believe that this is the best they can come up with to try and overcome the huge slump in rap album sales: "Can't Tell Me Nothing," "Big Shit Poppin'," "Amusement Park."

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment