The First 1/3rd of the Decade

It's been 3 years and 4 months since the beginning of 2010, which means we're about 33% of the way through whatever this decade is called (the teens?). I did a similar list 10 years ago, in a message board post that predated this blog, and it's fun to compare that to list I made at the end of the decade. Who knows how my opinion will change in 7 years -- some of these are pretty recent 2013 ones I've been really digging but haven't written about yet (one just came out this week!), but this is how I feel right now. In a weird way it already feels like these years constitute their own 'era' -- it helps that I became a father 3 months before the end of 2009, so all my personal memories and emotions tied up in these records reflect a very specific and important period in my life. So, here are my 33 favorite albums and singles of the decade so far.






















My 33 Favorite Albums of the Decade So Far (Spotify Playlist): 

1. Diddy-Dirty Money - Last Train To Paris
2. Patrick Stump - Soul Punk
3. The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
4. Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli
5. Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream
6. Future - Pluto
7. Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park
8. Meek Mill - Dreamchasers
9. Butch Walker And The Black Widows - I Liked It Better When You Had No Heart
10. Paramore - Paramore
11. E-40 - Revenue Retrievin'
12. Jazmine Sullivan - Love Me Back
13. Dead Sara - Dead Sara
14. Lady Gaga - Born This Way
15. Lou Reed and Metallica - Lulu
16. Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik
17. Beyonce - 4
18. Mark Lanegan Band - Blues Funeral
19. The Nels Cline Singers - Initiate
20. They Might Be Giants - Join Us
21. Melanie Fiona - The MF Life
22. Rufus Wainwright - Out Of The Game
23. My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
24. Lloyd - King of Hearts
25. Dwight Yoakam - 3 Pears
26. Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin'
27. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh)
28. The Disciplines - Virgins of Menace
29. DJ Quik - The Book of David
30. Fantasia - Side Effects of You
31. Casual Curious - Casual Curious
32. Dev - The Night The Sun Came Up
33. Nice Nice - Extra Wow


























My 33 Favorite Singles of the Decade So Far (Spotify Playlist):

1. Miguel - "Sure Thing"
2. AWOLNATION - "Sail"
3. Meek Mill f/ Rick Ross - "I'm A Boss"
4. Rihanna - "Rude Boy"
5. Gucci Mane - "Lemonade"
6. Adele - "Rolling In The Deep"
7. Future - "Same Damn Time"
8. Miguel - "Adorn"
9. Kelly Rowland f/ Lil Wayne - "Motivation"
10. Katy Perry - "Teenage Dream"
11. Beyonce - "Countdown"
12. Sade - "Soldier Of Love"
13. Trey Songz f/ Fabolous - "Say Aah"
14. Eric Church - "Springsteen"
15. Pitbull f/ Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer - "Give Me Everything"
16. Wiz Khalifa - "Black And Yellow"
17. Big Sean f/ Nicki Minaj - "Dance (A$$)"
18. Calvin Harris f/ Florence Welch - "Sweet Nothing"
19. Lady Gaga - "The Edge of Glory"
20. Keri Hilson - "Pretty Girl Rock"
21. Elle Varner - "Refill"
22. Gotye f/ Kimbra - "Somebody That I Used To Know"
23. Marsha Ambrosius - "Far Away"
24. 30 Seconds To Mars - "Kings and Queens"
25. Travis Porter - "Bring It Back"
26. Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
27. Drake f/ T.I. and Swizz Beatz - "Fancy"
28. Kem - "Share My Life"
29. Sugarland - "Stuck Like Glue"
30. Neon Trees - "Animal"
31. Tim McGraw - "Felt Good On My Lips"
32. Tamar Braxton - "Love And War"
33. Bruno Mars - "It Will Rain"

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment